Have you heard of GDPR?
Category : Uncategorized
Do you know what GDPR is? Do you know how it will affect your business?
Can you afford not to take action?
Ask yourself the following questions…
1. Do your core business operations involve the regular and systematic monitoring of data subjects on a large scale?
Data subjects are individuals who are identified or identifiable from data. For the purposes of this check data refers to information which directly or indirectly identifies individuals. It includes, but is not limited to, payment details, customer records, healthcare information.
2. Do you have a data protection policy which guides your employees in how to keep personal data secure?
3. Are your company laptops encrypted?
4. Do you store personal data in the cloud?
This could include customer data in salesforce.com, on Dropbox etc.
5. Do you encrypt personal data sent by email?
6. Do you have personal data on removable media e.g. USB devices, CDs, DVD, etc.?
If you have answered ‘No’ to three or more of these questions you need to re-evaluate your current Data Protection Policy
Concerns and losses of personal information and sensitive data can lead to regulatory fines and significant risk to an organisation’s reputation.
By implementing good practices and conforming to the associated requirements training organisations can be compliant.
There is the large amount of data held by training organisations, the number of people who need to access this as part of their job and the number of forms, reports, systems and databases where data is held.
Veri ensures this data is encrypted and only accessible by those that need to use the information.
Furthermore, it informs both tutors and learners about their rights and responsibilities around their data and that they work with.
For more information on how Veri can help wiith your Data Security click here.
For more information on GDPR click here.